RESEARCH CENTER METROS,
The Research Center „Metrology, Measurement Systems and Innovative Materials” integrates young and experienced researchers with the Department of Electrical Measurements and Electrotechnical Materials, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Iași, Romania.
About Metros Center,
The Metros Center is also presented on the ERRIS platform of the Romanian Research Infrastructure, follow the link here.
The 26 research services, including over 70 state-of-the-art testing and control equipment, have allowed only the successful completion of 45 grants / research contracts won in national competitions over the last 5 years, 6 research contracts won in international competitions, amounting to more than three and a half million euros. This Center has been recognized by the CNCSIS (National Council of Scientific Research in Higher Education) as Center of Excellence, having the Accreditation Certificate no. 6 EC / 12.10.20.
This national recognition was confirmed by the ulterior achievements, synthetically here presented:
- 43 grants / research contracts won in national competitions in the last 5 years;
- 6 research contracts won in international competition (FP6 , bilateral cooperation ) also in the last 5 years;
The main research domains are:
- Methods and techniques for the characterization of bio and nano materials;
- Techniques and methods for monitoring the environmental parameters;
- Distributed systems for measurement and control;
- Research on measuring and reducing the electromagnetic pollution;
- Advanced techniques for determining the electro-chemical properties of materials;
Our laboratories have modern equipment; the value of investments done in the last three years in the modernization of research infrastructure exceeds the equivalent of 1 million euro.
We are deeply involved in developing new or already existing partnerships and scientific collaborations with universities , research institutes and companies from home and abroad.
Domains of activity:
- Electrical and Optical Engineering Facilities;
- Materials Synthesis or Testing Facilities;
- Environmental Management Infrastructures;